Laboratory Research Assistant
Msci Genetics graduate from UCL and recent arrival at the OVG. I am so proud to be working as a laboratory research assistant surrounded by inspirational scientists. Currently, I am involved with the laboratory processing of several ongoing clinical trials as well as the start-up of a new trial investigating the interaction between respiratory pathogens RSV and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
I have experience with:
- GCP and HTA regulations
- Clinical trial operation and organisation
- PBMC separation and the processing of human biological samples including blood, saliva, stool, nasal wash, etc..
- Microbiological techniques working with hazard group 2 infectious diseases
- Operation of Luminex MAGPIX multiplexing machine.
- DNA extraction, both manual technique and Qiagen QIAsymphony automation.